Monday, October 26, 2015

Train of Many Colors

I'm not a sports fan, so if you ask me, as a conversation starter, how them (insert seasonally appropriate team here) are doing, I'll probably smile, nod and say something like "doing alright, I guess."
However, I am a fan of vintage subway trains (as much as I hate riding the subway). Last Sunday, the Mets did a thing that was special enough for the MTA to bring out the Train of Many Colors - a ten-car train of retired subway cars that each sports a paint scheme from subways gone by.
I just happened to be on hand to take a ride from 34th St-Hudson Yards to Flushing.
 
Old subway cars, new subway station.
I rode trains just like these to/from high school back in the day.
Last stop! Everyone please leave the train.

4 comments:

  1. Great photos. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. artis hot This is a very good post. Just wonderful. Nice one xxx jepang

    ReplyDelete
  3. good article and nice urging commented here, I am in fact enjoying by these.
    http://tambayanshowtv.blogspot.com/2017/11/pinoy-tambayan-hd.html

    ReplyDelete