Friday, October 2, 2015

BusFest!

On Sunday afternoon, I swung by Atlantic Antic after church. My introvert tendencies make me want to flee from a mile long, super crowded street fair, but my favorite part is the BusFest exhibit on Boerum Place near the beginning of the Antic.
Every year, the Transit Museum rolls out a mini fleet of historical buses, from a 1930s-vintage double decker to a modern-day city bus. The buses were crawling with children, but I got a few good shots, anyway.
 
This was built by Yellow Coach in 1932 for the Fifth Avenue Coach Company, and ran until 1953.
Stick shift
This bus was not designed for tall people
Full frontal view
This General Motors bus was also built for Fifth Avenue Coach in 1958, with one surprise feature
Not the U-shaped loveseat in the back
Not the classic 50s design 
Air conditioning! Those two jet propulsion-looking things are an early air conditioning demonstrator

No comments:

Post a Comment