Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Fun with Filters - Chicago

I took a ton of pictures in Chicago, not all of which have appeared online; and am teaching myself how to use filtering apps - what better way to combine the two?
I ran a few of last month's pictures through EyeEm, a popular photo sharing site and app, last night, to play with the filters a bit. Here are the results.

I took this shot of the back side of Merchandise Mart, facing the Chicago River, last month on my last day of vacationing in the City of Broad Shoulders. A soft filter helped emphasize the greenery on the lower half of the building.
I liked the orderliness of these Divvy bikes all lined up in their parking slots. A soft filter helped the bikes shine out against the background even more.
Fresh Filter 3 brought out the Wicker Park street scene in the background, and really made this directional sign pop!
I applied Fresh Filter 2 to this wide shot of Chicago's Flatiron Building (only a little bit shorter than ours) to bring out the colors and angles. Looks good to me.
The Warwick Allerton Hotel's reputation - at least its neon sign - precedes it down Michigan Avenue. Urban Filter 4 sharpened the picture and brought the sign out even more, while slightly toning down the streetlight's unescapable glare.

No comments:

Post a Comment